EFFERENT LABS CYTOCOMM® PLATFORM
Gore is collaborating with Efferent Labs to explore implantables for research and long-term chronic disease management.
Collaborating on groundbreaking technology
Gore’s advanced technology is helping to enhance the Efferent Labs CytoComm® Platform for informatics. Our collaboration aims to:
- Extend the viability of its specialized cells
- Optimize biocompatible materials to improve the functionality of the CytoComm® Platform
- Create groundbreaking access to real-time cellular interactions at the molecular level
The Efferent Labs Cytocomm® Platform combines living cells with miniaturized electronics and wireless connectivity in an implantable biosensor designed to gather real-time data at the cellular level.
- The Cytocomm® Platform leverages engineered cells to determine the activity of selected molecular pathways
- Proteins are captured by these engineered cells and produce a detectable fluorescence. The cells are the "brain" of the system and are the first to respond to molecular events.
- Sensor converts the raw data and wirelessly sends it to the cloud for storage and analysis
- Real-time molecular data is displayed on a dashboard so researchers can monitor cellular reactions as they occur
Enabling a radical shift in drug development
By gathering accurate real-time data in vivo, researchers can gain unparalleled insight into cellular processes and the response of living systems to specific stimuli.
- Larger, higher quality data sets enable faster iteration
- Elimination of bias and data gathering error improves accuracy
- Validation of in vivo findings to quicker
"go/no-go"decisions resulting in reduced drug development time and cost